Monday, October 26, 2009

Opinions on Character Eyes.

When I designed Daisuke, I meant for him to be simple and easy to draw (over and over again). Every now and then I wonder if I should have given him more detailed eyes though.

I think his simple vertical line eyes get the job done, and convey his expression sufficiently enough. Overly complicated eyes would probably be too distracting.

I made several other characters with similarly simple eyes.

Opinions?

Daisuke:

Character A:

Character B:

Character C:

Character D:

Character E:

Character F:

Character G:


As you can see, most of the characters have very simple eyes, with the exception of the last two. But even "Character F" is relatively simple in his eye's construction. "G" however is more complex .. so I guess my question is .. do more complex eyes look better? Or should I make all the eyes simple?

No comments:

Post a Comment