Thursday, November 12, 2009

Beta Overhaul & Standing Position.

OK, so after a lot of thought, I realized that before I switch media, or jump onto a new platform, I should at least finish what I started. So I went back and made the decision to overhaul the Beta Engine using aspects of Alpha.

So I spent the morning doing that, and I am VERY satisfied of how it came out. The code is much less messy, and the sprites are more organized. It will be much easier to work with from hereon out.

I also tweaked the gravity to make it a bit less floaty, and shrunk Daisuke down to 75%.

There is still a lot I need to do, but I am happy with the way it is developing.

I do need opinions on one matter however.

I need opinions on Daisuke's standing position.

Should Daisuke be holding his sword, or should it be on his back?

Holding:


On his back:


Right now I'm leaning toward moving the sword to the back .. but that would mean I would have to redraw several sprites. Opinions?

Here is a side by side:

No comments:

Post a Comment