Thursday, May 13, 2010

iPad. DaisukeMobile.

My iPad finally arrived in the mail. I totally love it! It's really fun, fast, powerful and has an amazing display.

I've also set up my iPad for development and loaded up "DaisukeMobile".

The iPad has significantly better graphics processing than my old junkey iPhone3G and Daisuke runs WAY better on it than it does on my Phone. Realizing the game should run similarly as well on the 3GS and the upcoming 4th Generation iPhone, I decided to push the limits a bit further.

I set the FPS back up to 25 and de-nerf'd some of the graphics, and the game still ran PERFECTLY smooth. It might even run better than the flash version on my computer! It's probably because the resolution is so small that there is significantly less processing power needed in comparison to my computer, but also, the iPad is just really great for gaming in general!

So .. in it's current form, Daisuke will run like crap on the iPhone3G (and presumably even worse on the 1st Generation iPhone). But it works wonderfully on the iPad, and should work just as well on the 3GS and the 4th Generation iPhone.

Since it will be a while till Daisuke is ready, and the next iPhone should be here in a few weeks, I think it shouldn't be THAT big of a deal to make Daisuke's minimum requirement a 3GS iPhone.

Sorry to anyone who still has a 3G (or god forbit a 1st Generation iPhone) when DaisukeMobile finally comes out, but the game just wont run properly for you, you'd might want to upgrade your hardware!

As for the iPad .. Daisuke is still being developed as an iPhone app, so it isn't to iPad spec. I plan on making "Daisuke HD" later, but for the time being I am constrained to iPhone resolution due to CS5 lacking the ability to export to iPad specifications.

So look forward to Daisuke on your 3GS, 4th Gen iPhone or on your iPad (in double pixel, somewhat blocky mode) in the near future! And Daisuke HD soon after that (hopefully) !!

No comments:

Post a Comment