Monday, December 7, 2009

HUD again.

So, I learned how to make a real functional draining bar by looking at the coding of a preloader, and I applied it to my HUD. I also turned the Genki meter into a 3rd bar so that I can change the values without distracting people with random flashing numbers and decimals.

So here is what it looks like now:



Only thing I'm not 100% sure about is the colors. I might make the defense bare more of a grayish blue, and I don't know what to make the Genki bar at all. It's yellow right now because it seemed appropriate, but I'm starting to think it may just be a bit too obnoxious. Maybe orange? Health will stay bright green. And he health bar still drains in chunks, because you only actually have 5 HP.

Also, a cool feature I'm going to add in, is that Daisuke's face in the HUD will show different expressions based on how much health/genki/defense you have. It will be cool, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment