Friday, December 4, 2009

New baddies, obstacles.

So, I've been putting quite a bit of work into Daisuke over the last few days. I've found new motivation since I leaped over some major programming hurtles I had in my way. I'm pretty proud of myself, not just for getting it done, but for doing it totally on my own! With no help whatsoever! I feel like I'm really getting better not just at using AS, but at problem solving and figuring out creative ways to deal with issues.

So !! I made a few cool additions to my Daisuke level, which will SOON become the official Daisuke Demo. It's really starting to look like a real game now! I'm excited.

Here are some new baddies I've added into the mix ..

Spear Bandit:

Hammer Bandit:

They will be joining the Sword and Bow bandits in the "Bandit's Lair" level, that will be the playable level in the Daisuke Demo. I'm also working on a couple of boss "bandit" characters to make the level a bit more exciting, possible a few more regular bandits just to spice up the level a bit more. I am planning on making a naginata bandit, who may be a boss, and I also will be making a "Bandit King", who may become a reoccurring character in the series, so he'll need a real name ..

I think I'm gonna throw in some other different kinds of baddies in there just for fun too.

ALSO .. !! The game can't just be ALL bad guys and Daisuke .. I made some obstacles for Daisuke to overcome as well.

Wooden Gates:

Spike Logs:


Daisuke will have to avoid dangerous obstacles, and figure out how to overcome those that stand in his way. I'm going to make at least one more variation of the gate, and I'll try and think up some more interesting obstacles for Daisuke to deal with.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment