Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Tougher baddies and keeping a tab.

So, it finally came to me today. Sitting down and squeezing ideas out of your brain doesn't always work, most of my really good ideas come to me via epiphany. They can't be forced, rather they just pop into my head, usually when I'm really relaxed or something.

So, the problem I had been having was how I was going to make enemies in Daisuke take multiple hits. It was something that I just had no idea what I was going to do about, so I kept avoiding it for as long as I could.

Suddenly this afternoon, the answer to my problem seemed not only obvious, but downright simple. So after about 20 minutes of coding and testing, the game now acts almost EXACTLY how I wanted in terms of enemy damage.

I can now input how much total life I want an enemy to have, as well as how much damage Daisuke's various attacks will deliver. This works both ways, so different enemies will be able to do different amounts of damage on Daisuke as well.

TOO GOOD !! I can finally make really tough guys and bosses and all the good stuff I've wanted to make for a while !! I just need a new mouse so I can get to drawing again.

The only problem I'm having with this new system is that I'm having a LITTLE bit of trouble making hit-sparks. Not a huge issue right now, I'm pretty sure I can figure it out in no time.

The second thing I've added is a points system. This system goes hand in hand with the enemy health system, as well as the story.

We need to remember that Daisuke is a ninja for HIRE, and he'll present his clients with an invoice after he's done with a mission. Daisuke keeps a tab on EVERYTHING .. not just what he collects, but who he fights, and even how he fights them. The tougher the enemy, the more points your attacks will be worth. The fancier the move you use to hurt an enemy, the more points you will get. You'll get different amounts of points for just about everything you do, and those points translate to a dollar amount for Daisuke .. or rather .. a Yen amount?

No comments:

Post a Comment