Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Little Things.

I somehow managed to totally finish parts 1 and 2 of the level I am building for my game. I just kept on fixing bugs and adding the things I wanted to add, and then I realized that I ran out of things I needed to do!

So I am now done with those sections of the game, and now I need to move on and finish building the mini boss and final elements of the level.

Yesterday however, I decided that it was a good time to deal with an issue that I had put off for quite some time

THE DREADED PAUSE BUTTON.

Since flash has no pause function, and I coded this game so incredibly sloppily, I had to get creative with how I was going to tackle this issue.

Long story short, I made kindof a half-assed, ugly, slop of code that happened to work perfectly.

So now I have a fully functional pause button!

And here is what the pause screen CURRENTLY looks like:

(subject to change)

If you look closely you can see I put in a little speech bubble next to Daisuke's head with the kanji "Retsu" in it. This is a simple stereotypical pop culture ninja reference. I just wanted to make the pause function to be an extension of Daisuke's talents, so when you hit "p" he will shout out "Retsu" (I plan on adding a sound effect) which is the Kuji-in for "control of time and space" and he does the matching hand gesture. I thought it seemed appropriate.

I also added a speech bubble for when he preformed is "Rin" healing technique, which is another of his Kuji-in talents. So now the kanji for "Rin" appears when he uses that skill:


I plan on adding a sound effect/voice clip for that one too.

Finally, fat guys will now sweat when they run:

No comments:

Post a Comment