Thursday, April 22, 2010

Level Boss Behavior.

I was having a hard time determining how I wanted the boss for this level to behave. It had been bothering me for quite a while actually, even before I put him into the game. I knew how I wanted him to take damage, but I didn't know how I would implement it in a way that made sense and would be a challenge without being impossible. This is a fine line that I have been walking on throughout the whole process of making this game.

SO .. This morning I think I finally figured out how the boss fight will go. I immediately made a detailed sketch, which I think, speaks for itself ..

WARNING !! SPOILER ALERT !!










Here it is:


Click on the image to see the full thing if you can't already.

Sorry if it's a bit fuzzy, I took the picture with my cell phone.

So, I think it's pretty obvious from the picture how this battle will go. And I hope you will enjoy this epic battle!

The next step is to actually PROGRAM this guy, to behave in such a way. Shouldn't be too hard, but still I'm sure it be a quite a headache. Also have several sprites to animate for this as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment