Sunday, April 11, 2010

More Little Things & Daisuke's Face.

So, I really REALLY love making my game. I love the little things especially, they're the most entertaining to create.

My latest additions are some "just-for-fun" animations I added to the UI/HUD.

Now, when Daisuke picks up an Onigiri, his status face next to his life bar can seen consuming it. This means he exposes his face !! GASP !!

So, I guess I wont really keep Daisuke's face a secret .. but it still isn't very revealing, because in my cartoony style of animation, everyone's face looks pretty much the same anyways.

His HAIR on the other hand, remains hidden .. and well .. don't count on seeing that quite yet.

Anywho .. I decided that ONE eating animation wasn't enough, so I added a SECOND food item with it's own eating animation as well.

The new food item is ..

鰻丼 !!
(Unagi-Donburi !!)

Unagi-don is basically worth 5x points as onigiri, and will fill up your health, energy and defense all the way up to 100%!

Look for a hidden or hard to get Unagi-don in every stage!

Anywho .. I decided also that I will make a "training" stage with easier/less enemies to get players used to the game before jumping into the main story.

Also, I am going to stretch out the demo level to 4 stages, plus the mini boss and boss battle. SO, including the training stages, that will be a total of 7 stages !! WOAHHHHHH .. thats kindof a lot .. but so far I have 2 done .. and the mini boss is under construction. And considering the next 2 stages will be more fun-time in the cave, they should be considerably easy to make (wont need to do a lot of new drawing, basically just rearrange stuff and make a couple new baddies).

ANYWHOO .. training stage will be in the ninja village, and since I've already made ninja badguys, all I need to do is rearrange some stuff and make some new backgrounds (or recycle some old ones).

So the things I need to worry about MOST .. are the mini boss .. who's a real pain in the ass to make, and the FINAL boss, who I have not yet even begun to program .. BUT I HAVE DRAWN HIM (her?)

.. so ..

It doesn't seem like there is TOO much stuff left, after all, I've written almost all of the code I need (thousands of lines .. should be considerably less, but I'm a very sloppy/inefficient programmer(but hey, "if it ain't broke", am I right?)) so there isn't too much brain-racking to do .. just a bit of drawing, arranging and creative thinking.

Anywho, here are some still shots of Daisuke eating.

Onigiri:


Unagi Don:



No comments:

Post a Comment